Friday 27 June 2014

Time to Say Goodbye

It was a sad day today

It was the last day this beautiful old building would be used as a place of learning

It started off as Grange Secondary School (high school)

My grandad, mum and myself were educated there.

My mum and I had our primary education at St Johns Primary at that time it was

located in a building a few streets away from the Grange

The original had outside toilets and separate playgrounds for boys and girls

An increase in numbers resulted in St Johns being relocated to the Grange building

Our girls were educated at Claremont Primary

This is the school that St Johns is amalgamating with

Aimee has just finished P5 and Murray his pre school nursery at St Johns

The girl returned home today with her shirt signed by her school friends

as they are about to head to a new adventure in a brand new school

At 12.45 today St Johns had a closing ceremony and at 15:30 closed

its doors for the last time

I have to say I like our daughter and grandaughter found it a bit emotional

Oh and as a wee bit of extra info my mum was Dux of both schools

It's now onwards to Redwell Primary School

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment