Thursday 16 April 2015

Vintage Find

As anyone who knows me they are well aware I love a bit of vintage

Yesterday we went to Dounes Antique Centre

In one of the cabinets I spied this Home Chat magazine I was drawn to it because of the front cover having a very traditional embroidery on it. It is dated 18th November 1949. A bit of research showed the magazine ran from 1895 until 1959

Look at the fashion page
Stories and articles even a film critics page

The transfer page was intact

Even more surprising the transfer hasn't been used

Inside the magazine I found this little parcel
InsIde was the envelope that the crinoline lady had been sent in
Also this embroidery that was produced to commemorate the coronation of Queen Elizabeth in1953

Even the little picture to put on the embroidery was inside
What a find

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment