Tuesday 15 March 2011

'1997'





My first venture into crafting happened many moons ago when I was at the local library and came across a book by Una Stubbs (actress) on stitch craft she spent any spare time she had stitching. This book was like turning on a light bulb for me and so began my love of stitching.
I spent my free time (not much of it with two girls, work and a hubbie who worked away from home) cross stitching. Chatting to somone at work led to a quilting class in the Speirs Centre (community hall) which I enjoyed but slipped back to cross stitch.
A few years later a visit to Linlithgow Palace resulted in finding Purely Patchwork I signed up for a basic class and my love affair with Patchwork And Quilting began.
The unpacking of 'that box' also resulted in finding the first sampler I made at Purely Patchwork it was all hand sewn and was completed in March 1997. (14 years ago hard to believe when in my mind I am still 18.....) My fav colour green as usual.
All these years wonder how many stitches ?????? The one thing that has remained is my love of hand sewing and although I do sometimes use my sewing machine for quickness I am first and foremost a hand quilter and love nothing better than sitting cosy in front of the fire a cup of something comforting and my ipod playing my favourite music...... bliss

No comments:

Post a Comment