Thursday 23 July 2009

China

My beloved wee gran is now 98yrs young and lives in a local nursing home. From when I was around 10yrs old she started collecting Royal Albert Old Roses china she loved it and it was housed in a large glass display cabinet in her living room. When she went into the home I received quite a few pieces but when my mum died suddenly last year I received the rest of it. It brings back so many memories as every christmas or birthday my Abido (grandads pet name) always gave her something to add to her collection. I have some of it on display in my kitchen and try to use the dinner service and tea sets as much as I can. Anyway yesterday I changed some of the pieces around with ones that are packed away in the loft. I will never be able to part with it it has too many memories. Think it looks not too bad even though it is displayed in a kitchen



No comments:

Post a Comment