Wednesday 7 January 2015

Alternatives

My first crafting adventure was when I was about 7 and my wee grannie taught me to knit. She was a beautiful knitter and always had something on the go. A lot of her patterns came from the 'Peoples Friend' magazine. The saddest thing being in her latter years she steadily lost her sight and was eventually registered blind. The last thing she worked on on was a lacy lilac coloured twinset. The cardigan was completed but she never finished the jumper. A few years later I finished it off for her.

I enjoy knitting and knitted all the hand knits for our grandchildren including pram blankets. I have never found it therapeutic and end up with real tension in my shoulders. Hubbie got me these for christmas.

Who knew knitting looms could be fun and I am learning a new way of knitting and no painful shoulders.

Our girlie asked for a hat with a big floppy pom-pom

Result !!!!!! and it was completed in an evening

Woo hoo I love it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment