Friday 15 January 2010

99 and counting

My beloved wee grannie arrived in this world 99 years ago today. She is living in a local nursing home being cared for by a devoted staff who I cannot thank enough for the care and compassion they show my gran even when she is having an 'off' day. She has very limited sight and suffers from dementia and doesn't really know who I am. To her I am 'the the lovely girl with the nice smile'. The nursing home is split into 4 units and some of the residents from the other units came through and we had music, cake and tea which was lovely. I spent a nice afternoon with the woman who throughout my life has been unfailing in her love for me
The following are what I thank my grannie for
Flannel nighties, piggie hot bottles, toast by the open fire, cocoa, rags in my hair to make ringlets, red recordplayer and dancing round the livingroom, sparkly party shoes and sticky out dresses with lots of petticoats, treadle sewing machine and my love of cats
But most of all her love


Love my Grannie

1 comment:

  1. You can't beat a good Granny (and you've got a wee cracker!)- I always felt sorry for poor Maggie not having one. :(

    ReplyDelete